Canada has emerged amongst the top immigration destinations in the world, especially for Indians. Most people move to Canada as students or for better job opportunities. There are several immigration programmed available for Indian nationals to permanently immigrate to Canada.
If you are looking for any such opportunities, this article will take you through six different pathways to choose from. Before choosing an option, let’s first understand the Canadian immigration programme.
Canada Immigration Programme
The Canadian Government runs more than 80 immigration programmes to help people settle and work in the country. There are both temporary and permanent Canadian immigration options you can choose to apply for. The permanent residents of Canada get access to healthcare policies and several other benefits similar to Canadian citizens. So plan your move to Canada with the below-listed easy immigration programmes.
Immigrate to Canada and redeem your benefits!
Express Entry is the most popular and most preferred Canadian immigration method. It is an online pathway that manages the application process for three different immigration programmes.
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades Programme
- Canadian Experience Class
If an applicant is eligible for any of these programmes, they can simply fill in their information in the Express Entry pool. After the information submission, the applicants will receive scores based on the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System).
The CRS examines your age, language proficiency in French and English, education and work experience. The IRCC cross-checks your skilled work under the guidelines of the NOC (National Occupational Classification) system.
Now, the professions that were previously subjected to the skill levels O, A, and B are now considered eligible and thereby qualified for CRS scoring. The Express Entry programme invites the highest scoring candidates to apply for permanent resident status in Canada.
PNPs (Provincial Nominee Programmes)
The name itself defines that the programme was made and run through the provinces and territories of Canada. The PNP was started with the vision of supporting and solving the market challenges of regional labour. Almost every territory and province in Canada take part in this programme, besides Quebec and Nunavut.
The PNP is subdivided into 2 different categories:
- Enhanced Programme: The enhanced programmes are coordinated with the Express Entry programme. If an applicant gets nominated for any of these PNP programmes, 600 points will be directly added to their overall score. Due to this award, the applicant will top the entry pool with the possibility of getting an ITA in the next Express Entry draw.
- Base Programme: The base programme works independently. Thus, it allows candidates who are not eligible for the Express Entry programme to apply. The applicant can apply to the base PNP programme through their province, and they will be nominated if they fit the eligibility criteria perfectly. Having a certificate in hand, the applicant can apply for permanent residence in Canada with the federal government.
Family sponsorship is the immigration programme in which Canada allows its permanent residents and citizens to sponsor their spouses and relatives in Canada. This programme allows Canadians to sponsor their parents, children, common-law partners, and grandparents under particular circumstances.
- Any Canadian isn’t allowed to sponsor a relative who is medically or criminally inadmissible.
- Besides permanent residents and Canadian citizens, a person registered as an Indian according to the “Canadian Indian Act” is also eligible to sponsor their family in Canada.
As per the reports, it is revealed that most Indian nationals prefer Canada over any other nation for higher studies. Great job opportunities during and after studies are among the major reasons why people prefer Canada.
Canada offers a study permit to international students that is valid for up to 90 days after completing their course. However, the permit shouldn’t be mistaken for the visa. Any foreign student planning to visit Canada should have a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization.
Eligibility to apply for a Canadian study visa:
- Your visa application will be accepted only if you have enrolled at a DLI (Designated Learning Institution).
- You must meet the required English proficiency.
- You must have a financial backup for the tuition fee.
- You must be financially sound to support yourself throughout your studies.
- You must meet character and health requirements.
Startup Visa Programme
The startup visa programme is designed to attract international entrepreneurs who want to start a business in Canada. Such immigrants can visit Canada under this visa on their work permit (supported by Canadian investors) and apply for their PR later.
Eligibility to apply for a startup visa:
- You must have a qualifying business.
- You must have a Letter of Support and a Commitment Certificate from a legal Canadian entity stating that a business has support.
- Proficiency in English or French is required.
- You must have sufficient funding to settle in Canada.
FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Programme)
The FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Programme) is a prime programme via which you could immigrate to Canada. The country welcomes more than 10,000 people per year under this programme. The FSWP aims to bring skilled workers from India and other parts of the world to Canada for an extended period of time. Such candidates are permitted to apply for PR along with their spouses and children.
With its growth, Canada has become one of the world’s most popular immigration destinations. Most Indians prefer visiting Canada for higher studies and job opportunities. Thus, there are several immigration programmes from which we have listed some of the best that help candidates immigrate to Canada. The country seeks the immigration process very strictly, therefore it is advisable to always follow the terms and conditions for smooth processing of the programme.
Here are some of the easiest ways to immigrate to Canada in 2022 through Express Entry, sponsorship and business immigration.
Eventually, the essence of any decision depends on what you value the most. Therefore, people from India mostly immigrate to Canada in the developed cities like; Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver, and we would suggest you focus on these cities, considering the exceptions.
Presently, there is no sponsorship programme for any Canadian citizen. Therefore, friends who are permanent Canadian citizens can apply for a visitor visa, if they belong to any non-visa-exempt country, and you’ll be required to submit a letter of invitation from your friend’s place of residence to the visa office.
Yes, you must fall between the ages of 21 and 55 years to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
A job letter from a Canadian employer increases your chances of PR approval. Also, under the Express Entry programme, you can claim CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points based on your job letter.
If you submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020, you will be invited to apply for the 2021 intake. In this case, you are allowed to bring your parents and grandparents to become PRs of Canada.
Reportedly, the Canadian Government has declared the country’s immigration plan for 2022-24. According to this plan, Canada is looking forward to welcoming 432,000 new immigrants.
The candidate must apply for suitable PNP programmes. Next, the candidate has to submit the application directly to the chosen territory province. Collect the provincial nomination certificate. You will be nominated by the province after your application is approved for permanent residence in Canada.
Ontario is the most famous place in Canada amongst newcomers throughout the world because of its bustling city, Toronto. The daily growing job sector of Ontario is the main reason why the province holds a large quota for immigrants via PNP streams.
With easy documentation, Canada has a quick immigration process with the help of its many immigration programmes. British Columbia PNP is one of Canada’s preferred provinces for granting easy PR invitations to immigrants with only two years of work experience.